Terms of Reference
|Position:||Urdu Translator (Consultant)|
|Reporting To:||Project Manager|
The Centre for Peace and Development Initiatives, Pakistan (CPDI) is an independent, non-partisan and a not-for-profit civil society organization working on issues of peace and development in Pakistan. It is registered under section 42 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 (XLVII of 1984).
Roles and Responsibilities:
CPDI is looking for a translator that can provide accurate translations, free of errors in grammar, spelling and content. The level of difficulty in the translations ranges from General, Semi-Technical, and Technical. Following are the core responsibilities of the position:
- To translate all newsletter, brochure, research reports, manuals, blogs, daily/weekly/monthly quiz, etc.
- Contribute to content idea generation and stay up-to-date
- Good writing skills, understanding of blogs and features writing
- Should be able to contribute at least one blog and feature story a month.
- Should be able to accurately translate ambiguous terms, subtitles and nuances in the target language.
- Should have command in Inpage and other Urdu typing software
Required Qualification and Skills:
- Master degree (16 years’ Education) in relevant discipline of Social Sciences.
- At least 3 years relevant work experience
- Excellent writing/translating skills with proper knowledge of sentence structure/grammar/tenses and ability to produce content of international standards
- Must be prompt, responsible and able to meet deadlines
- Good knowledge of governance, elections and transparency will be a strong plus
How to Apply:
- Interested individuals can apply through jobs portal www.rozee.pk. Last date of application is June 7, 2020.
- Please mention the post applied for in subject line.
- Please do not attach your degrees or any other supporting document including CV at this stage. These will be asked at a later stage.
- CPDI has a policy of not sharing the data of applicants with any other agency.
- CPDI is a non-smoking area. Smoking is not allowed in covered areas of CPDI offices, inside CPDI official vehicles, during the proceedings of any seminars, conferences or meeting conducted by CPDI or where any employee is representing CPDI.
- CPDI has a zero-tolerance policy towards financial corruption, moral turpitude and sexual harassment.
- CPDI has a non-discrimination policy on the basis of race, language, colour, and religion.
- CPDI has the policy to disqualify the applicants who try to influence the shortlisting/interview committee during the process of recruitment.
- As a socially responsible organization, CPDI strives to maintain a plastic-free environment at its offices and during the field activities.