Terms of Reference
|Position:||Social Mobilizer – Peshawar (Female)|
|No. of Positions:||2|
|Project Duration:||6 Months|
|Reporting To:||Project Manager|
|Location:||Peshawar with some travel nationwide|
|Deadline:||29 September, 2022|
The Centre for Peace and Development Initiatives, Pakistan (CPDI) is an independent, non-partisan and a not-for-profit civil society organization working on issues of peace and development in Pakistan. It is registered under section 42 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 (XLVII of 1984).
Roles and Responsibilities:
Following are the core responsibilities of the position:
- Sensitizing community about the project.
- Making connections with community including women and vulnerable groups.
- Supporting the project with the community-based research.
- Working closely with the village council members and the local government key actors at village level.
- Submitting a work plan for field work to the Project Field Coordinator.
- Collecting information from field about the project sensitivity.
- Following Project Field Coordinator/supervisor instructions.
- Sharing daily progress and challenges in the data collection with Project Field Coordinator.
- Ensuring regular field visits with high quality timely production of all deliverables.
- Maintaining good relationship with community notables to involve them in project activities and seek their support wherever required.
- Facilitating activities that build the capacity of local govt dept. and other stakeholders.
- Participating in project implementation meetings.
- Ensuring entry of all data as per project and donor’s needs.
- Enhancing the community participation in community-based meeting including women, marginalized groups, PWD, Afghan refugees and ethnic groups.
- Submitting and enter collected data in Excel sheets daily as instructed by the Project Field Coordinator.
- Ensuring security and confidentiality of the data.
- Treating the interviewee with dignity and respect and getting his/her consent before data collection and taking the interview.
- Reporting security risks to Project Field Coordinator.
Required Qualification and Skills:
- Graduation (14 years’ education) in relevant discipline of Social Sciences.
- At least 5 years of development sector experience, including 2 years as Social Mobilizer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge about local governance.
- Preference will be given to candidates having past experience of working with Afghan refugees.
How to Apply:
- Click on the below link to apply.
- The last date of application is September 29, 2022, 05:00 PM.
- Please do not attach your degrees or any other supporting document.
- Providing wrong information will automatically disqualify the candidate from the selection.
- CPDI has a policy of not sharing the data of applicants with any other agency.
- CPDI is a non-smoking area. Smoking is not allowed in covered areas of CPDI offices, inside CPDI official vehicles, during the proceedings of any seminars, conferences or meeting conducted by CPDI or where any employee is representing CPDI.
- CPDI has a zero-tolerance policy towards financial corruption, moral turpitude and sexual harassment.
- CPDI has a non-discrimination policy on basis of race, language, color, and religion.
- CPDI has the policy to disqualify the applicants who try to influence the shortlisting/interview committee during the process of recruitment.
- As a socially responsible organization, CPDI strives to maintain a plastic-free environment at its offices and during the field activities.