Terms of Reference
|Department:||Women in Elections (WiE) – Online Portal|
The Centre for Peace and Development Initiatives, Pakistan (CPDI) is an independent, non-partisan and a not-for-profit civil society organization working on issues of peace and development in Pakistan. It is registered under section 42 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 (XLVII of 1984).
Background Information/ Project Focus/Context of the Project
Centre for Peace and Development Initiative (CPDI) with the support of the International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) and Global Affairs Canada (GAC) has developed a central online portal for women in elections that is interactive; and provides a one-stop destination for information that pertains specifically to women’s rights and electoral and political participation. This online resource aims to help multidimensional stakeholders ranging from women, researchers, journalists, academia and politicians to overcome challenges they face when trying to access reliable, neutral and informative voter and civic information.
WiE website is housed on the PakVoter portal. Developed in partnership with CPDI and IFES, PakVoter (launched before 2013 General Elections) is the first online forum to provide impartial information on Pakistan’s elections and is a trusted resource on elections and electoral processes throughout Pakistan.
There is dearth of research material on elections related issues and specifically on women and politics. WiE portal will try to fill that gap. For this purpose, CPDI plans to produce a quarterly research report on topics like Gender mainstreaming in political parties, women in Politics, etc. Since the recent outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic affected women across the board; Therefore, CPDI decided to produced research on “Women Week Access to technology in the time of Covid”
Scope of Work:
CPDI intends to engage a consultant/consulting firm for to conduct a study to further establish the fact that women’ week access to technology make them more vulnerable to pandemics. The research would mainly base around the questions of if economic, social and geographic factors are related to the pattern of women access to internet technology? And to what extent women with lesser access to internet technology are vulnerable to COVID 19 related risks in selected districts?
Consultant is required to conduct a study through survey questionnaire. Survey should be accessed around the age, geography, education and economic status of women in 20 target districts (5 districts from each province) of research.
Consultant is also required to draw recommendations for telecom sector, government and civil society on the basis of research findings.
Following Activities are expected to be performed by a consultant under this agreement:
- Development of Research Synopsis
- Development of Research Design and Methodology
- Development of data collection tools e.g. Survey Questionnaire
- Data collection and analysis – Execution of Research Methodology
- Development of a research report based on survey findings
The consultant/firm will be required to carry out the following activities and deliverable under the assignment:
- Research Design and Methodology
- Survey Questionnaire
- Research Report
Timelines (Duration of Work) and reporting Requirements:
The work on the assignment is expected to start immediately after signing of the contract for the research study. The duration of the assignment is one month including research and write-up. The consultant will be required to submit the final report within this time-frame on agreed timelines. The draft final report will only be considered “Final” upon approval from the CPDI and IFES Management
Required Qualification and Skills:
The firm/individual will be required to have sound track record (minimum 3 years) of working/promoting research based studies
How to Apply:
- Interested individuals can send their detailed CV/Resumes along with one-page cover/motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without cover/motivation letter will not be considered. Last date of application is July 10, 2020, 05:00 PM.
- Please mention the post applied for in subject line.
- Please do not attach your degrees or any other supporting document.
- CPDI has a policy of not sharing the data of applicants with any other agency.
- CPDI is a non-smoking area. Smoking is not allowed in covered areas of CPDI offices, inside CPDI official vehicles, during the proceedings of any seminars, conferences or meeting conducted by CPDI or where any employee is representing CPDI.
- CPDI has a zero-tolerance policy towards financial corruption, moral turpitude and sexual harassment.
- CPDI has a non-discrimination policy on basis of race, language, color, and religion.
- CPDI has the policy to disqualify the applicants who try to influence the shortlisting/interview committee during the process of recruitment.
- As a socially responsible organization, CPDI strives to maintain a plastic-free environment at its offices and during the field activities.