Terms of Reference
|Project Title:||Strengthening of Local Governance Systems as a Catalyst for Improved Municipal Services Delivery in Punjab and KP|
|Position:||Project Coordinator Based in Peshawar (travel within the KP province)|
|No. of Positions:||01|
|Application Deadline:||January 09, 2022|
|Contract Duration:||10 Months – Extendable as per Project Requirements|
The Centre for Peace and Development Initiatives, Pakistan (CPDI) is an independent, non-partisan and a not-for-profit civil society organization working on issues of peace and development in Pakistan. It is registered UNDER SECTION 42 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 (XLVII of 1984).
The Project Coordinator, based in the above location, will be responsible for general project coordination, documentation and reporting for the Project “Strengthening of Local Governance Systems as a Catalyst for Improved Municipal Services Delivery in Punjab and KP”. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that project implementation and reporting is in accordance with the Grant Agreements between CPDI and GIZ for his/her respective province. The Project Coordinator will work closely with Project Manager and other team members in Finance, Administration, Procurement and Communication Units. The incumbent is required to supervise young professionals as per project need.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the following key tasks:
1. Provide operational engagement, networking and collaboration with project stakeholders, including Local Government, Elections and Rural Development Department, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa; Local Government and Community Development Department, Government of the Punjab; Local Communities in Project Locations and Consultants hired to assign different tasks.
2. Lead in implementation of project operational plan as per programme quality parameters and ensure that each activity is completed as per assigned budget.
3. Undertake day to day planning, implementation and coordination of the project activities and be responsible for ensuring that implementation, planning (procurement, work plans) and reporting are in accordance with the Grants Agreements between CPDI and GIZ and adhere all required compliances.
4. Lead in the coordination and monitoring of activities carried out by the Consultants in their respective provinces and facilitate the process of reviewing the final products by Provincial Review Committees where required.
Key Result Areas:
This encompasses the following major functions or Key Result Areas
1. Project implementation and coordination for all the activities in their respective provinces and develop an excellent working relationship with Local Government Departments.
2. Project monitoring and evaluation, in close consultation with Project Manager and Manager Monitoring & Evaluation.
3. Project planning, reporting and capturing success stories as assigned by the Project Manager.
|The position is accountable for||and is successful when|
|Project implementation and coordination
a. Implementing and monitoring of project activities as per project reference documents in respective province.
b. Ensuring timely delivery of implementation and procurement plans for the project.
c. Monitoring the implementation of project activities in achieving Project objectives.
d. Coordinating meetings of consultants with project stakeholders’ especially relevant Government Line Departments.
a. Project activities are implemented to the satisfaction of project quality parameters set by Project Manager.
b. All procedures and processes are complied with and fully documented.
c. Consultants are properly facilitated to deliver their outputs.
|Monitoring and Evaluation
a. Ensuring collection of all data required to track Project progress towards achieving intended results.
b. Maintaining monitoring system that can provide current and real-time information on project progress.
c. Facilitate in preparation of Video Documentary capturing success stories/ interviews from relevant stakeholders.
a. Monitoring and evaluation of the project activities meeting programme quality parameters as established by Project Manager.
|Planning and reporting
a. Attending planning meetings in the provinces and in Islamabad and provide timely reporting on projects progress.
b. Preparing a weekly, monthly and annual work plans and providing progress tracking information on these work plans.
c. Pay visits to project geographical locations in their respective provinces when required.
d. Preparing quarterly and six monthly progress reports for their respective provinces on project activities
a. Periodic reports and plans are timely submitted.
b. Willing to travel as required.
c. Timely submission of visit report.
a. Undertaking other relevant activities as envisaged for the proper operation of the project activities.
a. Other unforeseen responsibilities are fulfilled
- Master degree in relevant discipline of social sciences with minimum of 3 years’ experience of managing research based advocacy activities
- Excellent skills in research and report writing.
- Excellent coordination, field work and event management skills.
- Project Manager with additional reporting to Executive Director when required
How to Apply:
- Interested individuals can send their detailed CV/Resumes along with cover letters to email@example.com. Last date of application is January 09, 2022, latest by 12:00 AM(midnight).
- Please mention the post applied for (along with province) in the subject line.
- Please do not attach your degrees or any other supporting documentation.
- CPDI has a policy of not sharing the data of applicants with any other agency.
- CPDI is a non-smoking area. Smoking is not allowed in covered areas of CPDI offices, inside CPDI official vehicles, during the proceedings of any seminars, conferences or meeting conducted by CPDI or where any employee is representing CPDI.
- CPDI has a zero-tolerance policy towards financial corruption, moral turpitude and sexual harassment.
- CPDI has a non-discrimination policy on basis of race, language, color, and religion.
- CPDI has a policy to disqualify the applicants who try to influence shortlisting/interview committee during the process of recruitment.