Terms of Reference
|Project:||USAID-Citizen Engagement Program (CEP)|
|Location:||Islamabad with occasional travelling|
|Last date to apply:||September 28, 2023|
The Centre for Peace and Development Initiatives, Pakistan (CPDI) is an independent, non-partisan and a not-for-profit civil society organization working on issues of peace and development in Pakistan. It is registered under section 42 of the Companies Act, 2017. CPDI needs services of this advertised position for implementing the USAID’s Citizens’ Engagement Program (CEP), which will be implemented in selected districts of South Punjab and Northern Sindh over a period of five years. This program aims to strengthen effectiveness of citizen-led interventions; and improve government responsiveness to citizens’ concerns. Based on CPDI’s analysis of social change, political economy considerations, adverse impacts of natural calamities like floods and conflict dynamics in South Punjab and North Sindh, the program pathways and interventions focus on (a) enhancing quality of research, including about social trends, impact of recent floods on inter-communal relations, VE and conflicts, to inform policies and civil society engagement; (b) promotion of informed debates, dialogues and discussions to counter narratives that cause extremism and conflicts, especially involving journalists, media houses and young men/ women from diverse urban/ rural communities; (c) engaging legislatures and relevant executive bodies for effective policies, laws and oversight to achieve project objectives; (d) facilitating civil society/citizens’ engagement with journalists, legislatures and government institutions to discuss challenges, and collectively find ways to address perception of alienation or exclusion; (e) extension of technical support for strengthening government policies and legislative procedures (e.g. deployment of online Apps) for sharing information, engaging citizens, receiving feedback and complaints, and to become more responsive to citizens’ concerns; (f) leveraging and building upon the existing resources within communities (e.g. individuals respected across communities) that could help in improving inter-community relations by managing/resolving differences; (g) developing and promoting ideas and disseminating facts that help in strengthening counter narratives and mobilizing public support for peaceful and inclusive society/ communities; and (h) enabling young leaders to effectively engage authorities for promoting transparency and effectiveness of relief/ rehabilitation work in flood affected areas, especially for women and marginalized communities, and mitigating risks of alienation and social conflicts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The HR Officer will contribute to performance and management of various HR functions, while ensuring compliance with relevant laws, HR policies, management procedures and any contractual obligations under contract with the donor. These will include the following:
- Carry out the recruitment process, including job posting, shortlisting, facilitation of interviews, and reference checks.
- Organize and conduct the onboarding process for new hires.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee records, including personnel files and HR databases.
- Prepare and process employment-related documentation such as contracts, offer letters, and termination letters.
- Operating different softwares like Time Off Manager Software (TOMS).
- Administer employee benefits programs, including health insurance, EOBI, and other benefits as applicable.
- Assist employees with benefit-related inquiries and resolve issues promptly.
- Organize Performance Appraisals, including facilitation in goal setting, performance reviews, and feedback sessions.
- Assist in identifying training and development needs and coordinate relevant programs.
- Ensure relevant laws, HR policies and procedures are consistently applied.
- Stay up to date with employment laws and regulations to facilitate/ ensure compliance.
- Handle or facilitate handling of employee relations/ conflicts professionally and confidentially, and process cases/ complaints, as needed.
- Identify training needs of staff members, coordinate/ organize training programs, maintain training records and evaluate the effectiveness of training initiatives.
- Prepare regular HR reports, metrics, and analytics on matters such as turnover, recruitment, and training to support decision making.
- To assist the finance department in payroll administration by providing input with respect to attendance, increment, special payments, etc.
- Facilitate clearance of individuals on completion / termination of service.
- Any other relevant tasks, as assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualification and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of relevant HR experience.
- Experience of working in USAID project will be preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant employment laws and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities.
- Proficiency in relevant HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems) and MS Office.
- Discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
How to Apply:
- Interested individuals can send their detailed CV along with one-page cover/motivation letter to email@example.com. The last date of application is Sep 28, 2023.
- Please mention the post applied for in the subject line.
- Please do not attach your degrees or any other supporting documents.
- CPDI has a policy of not sharing the data of applicants with any other agency.
- CPDI is a non-smoking area. Smoking is not allowed in covered areas of CPDI offices, inside CPDI official vehicles, during the proceedings of any seminars, conferences or meetings conducted by CPDI or where any employee is representing CPDI.
- CPDI has a zero-tolerance policy towards financial corruption, moral turpitude and sexual harassment.
- CPDI has a non-discrimination policy on the basis of race, language, color, and religion.
- CPDI has the policy to disqualify the applicants who try to influence the shortlisting/interview committee during the process of recruitment.
- As a socially responsible organization, CPDI strives to maintain a plastic-free environment at its offices and during field activities.