Terms of Reference
|Project Title:||Democratic Local Governance for Development in Pakistan|
|Position:||Provincial Coordinator (Balochistan)|
|Supported by:||European Union|
|Implementing Partner:||Friedrich-Naumann-Stiftung für die Freiheit|
|No. of Positions:||01|
|Salary:||Approx. Rs. 62,000/month with 10% annual increment|
|Deadline:||December 02, 2018|
|Project End Date:||Dec 31, 2020|
The Centre for Peace and Development Initiatives, Pakistan (CPDI) is an independent, non-partisan and a not-for-profit civil society organization working on issues of peace and development in Pakistan. It is registered UNDER SECTION 42 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 (XLVII of 1984).
‘Promoting Stable, Inclusive, and Tolerant Democracy in Pakistan through Enhanced and Informed Youth Participation, is a one year initiative of Centre for Peace and Development initiatives (CPDI). The project, through engaging youth in constructive and educational activities will enhance their understanding of the electoral process, democratic institutions, and of virtues of democracy over the period of one year. The project is built upon the notion that effective participation of people in elections and electoral processes largely depends on the level of information and understanding they have about the process, the system, and their rights.
CPDI is recruiting provincial coordinator for Balochistan. The provincial coordinator will be based in provincial capital (Quetta). The candidates should have following attributes to perform the job:
- Should have experience of working with the research-based advocacy organizations and media in respective province.
- The candidates should have understanding of district level budget making process, distribution of funds from provinces to districts and local government system.
- The candidates should have good liaison with the district and provincial governments, elected representatives, local NGOs/CSOs, media and local stakeholders.
The list of key responsibilities includes:
- Reporting to the project manager.
- Leading activities in provincial capital and selected districts.
- Executing research, data management and analysis.
- Responsible for dissemination of all publications.
- Outreach to stakeholders.
- Conducting workshops and other activities.
- Briefing the media and setting up press conferences.
- Reporting and supervising project communications.
- Monitoring documentation of all the reports and indicators.
- Any other task assigned by the Project Manager/CPDI management.
- Master degree in relevant discipline of social sciences with minimum of 3 years’ experience of managing research based advocacy activities
- Excellent skills in research and report writing.
- Excellent coordination, field work and event management skills.
- Knowledge of budget making process at district and provincial levels
- Project Manager
|Knowledge of Budget Accountability and transparency mechanism||20%|
|Knowledge of Budget making process at district and provincial level||20%|
How to Apply:
- Interested individuals can send their detailed CV/Resumes along with cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Last date of application is December 02, 2018 latest by 05:00PM.
- Please mention the post applied for (along with province) in subject line.
- Please do not attach your degrees or any other supporting document.
- CPDI has a policy of not sharing the data of applicants with any other agency.
- CPDI is a non-smoking area. Smoking is not allowed in covered areas of CPDI offices, inside CPDI official vehicles, during the proceedings of any seminars, conferences or meeting conducted by CPDI or where any employee is representing CPDI.
- CPDI has a zero-tolerance policy towards financial corruption, moral turpitude and sexual harassment.
- CPDI has a non-discrimination policy on basis of race, language, color, and religion.
- CPDI has a policy to disqualify the applicants who try to influence shortlisting/interview committee during the process of recruitment.