CPDI’s program area Election Watch aims to strengthen one of the key components of democratic process. Elections are equated as a key characteristic of democracy. Free, fair and impartial elections are a direct platform for citizen’s voice to echo and reflect their choices in power corridors. CPDI aims at making electoral process inclusive for all citizens irrespective of their social, economic, cultural, ethnic and religious identities. Relevant focus areas include:
- Election observation
- Exit polls
- Accessibility audit of polling stations
- Voter education and meaningful engagement with all stakeholders for stronger electoral processes
|Project Title||Increasing Participation of Persons with Disabilities in Electoral Systems|
|Supported By||US Consulate Karachi|
|Duration||6 Months: 1st October, 2018 to 31st March, 2019.|
|Objectives||The objectives of the projects are as below
1. To make electoral system of Pakistan more inclusive by sensitizing the political actors and policy makers about rights of PWDs.
2. To provide a platform to PWDs where they can raise their voice for veneration of their political and electoral rights.
3. To encourage PWDs to reinforce their political rights.
|Geographic Focus||Karachi and Quetta|
|Target Groups and beneficiaries||Persons with disabilities (PWDs) ECP official and political parties|
|Description||The aim of the project is to transform the electoral and democratic regime in Pakistan to be inclusive of persons with disability. Project aspire to impact the policy and implementation regime in the favor of persons with disabilities through collective action to increase there participation in political and electoral sphere of life.|